An Open Letter on How to Open America
As Published on February 25, in The New York Times
Dear President Biden:
Congratulations on your progress against COVID-19. Masks, testing, distancing, vaccines -- all are necessary. But not sufficient.
Any plan to bring America back must deploy technology that can eliminate SARS-CoV-2, the COVID virus, from interior air – safely and immediately.
As the recent letter from 13 public health experts to your COVID Coordinator, CDC Director, and Dr. Fauci warned, contaminated aerosols linger indoors, and action must be taken to limit transmission. "It's time to stop pussyfooting around the fact that the virus is transmitted mostly through the air," said Linsey Marr of Virginia Tech, one of the signers.1
The U.S. is the leader in the technology that can get this job done.
We developed technology, called ActivePure, that destroys the COVID virus in the air and have deployed it for decades. It's unique, and it works.
By contrast, ventilation does not seek out the virus. Other systems are passive, slow, trap pathogens but don't destroy them. Many are so dangerous, people can't even be in the room. By contrast, our technology blasts out sub-microscopic particles that attack viruses and bacteria and destroy them in real-time.2 Our system is safe for people and pets, and it works continuously.
It evolved from the NASA space program and is now used by hospitals, schools, offices, restaurants, and other businesses, and in hundreds of thousands of homes.
The technology works not just against SARS-CoV-2 but also against other deadly viruses and bacteria.3 Our FDA-cleared medical device is the subject of a double-blind trial being conducted by the Cleveland Clinic to test ActivePure's effectiveness against surgical-site infections.4
In battling COVID, mutations are not an obstacle for this technology. It will bring Americans comfort and assurance now and after the pandemic ends.
Recent testing by an FDA-compliant, military-grade laboratory found more than 99.96% of airborne SARS-CoV-2 is eliminated in three minutes.5 Other U.S. companies may have similar solutions in the future, but spending billions on inferior systems now is wasteful.
Our technology is bringing millions of people back to the life they deserve.
Already, schools that use our technology are back in session – your goal. But every school in America should be benefiting from the science. So should meat-packing plants, grocery stores, health clinics, arenas, and restaurants struggling to survive.
As more and more public health experts are recognizing, destroying COVID indoors is critical to ending the pandemic. I urge you and the nation's governors and mayors to encourage – or, where you can, require -- the use of the best technology now.
It is the missing link. Bringing America back depends on it.
More information about ActivePure & Company highlights
ActivePure Technology is the most powerful surface and air purification technology ever discovered! ActivePure Technology has been tested against COVID-19 on both surfaces and in the air at two biomedical, FDA-compliant laboratories and the results show that ActivePure works nearly 100% - over 99.9%. It is the first air purification technology that works on surfaces and air in real-time – working immediately to destroy viruses, bacteria, molds, and more. The brand has more than 100 products with ActivePure Technology (from standalone portables to HVAC installed to handheld) and a network of more than 4,000 team members across worldwide that customize solutions for indoor environments.
Recent notable company highlights include:
- In Dec. 2020, the University of Texas Medical Branch confirmed that the ActivePure Technology inside the Aerus Pure & Clean and the Vollara Air & Surface Pro inactivates 99.9% of airborne SARS-CoV-2 viruses within three minutes and is awaiting final approval from the FDA for an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA)
- In Sept. 2020, the Aerus Hydroxyl Blaster with ActivePure Technology demonstrated in an FDA-compliant laboratory, MRIGlobal, a 93% surface reduction in three hours of live SARS-CoV-2 viruses and a 98% reduction rate in six hours and is awaiting final approval from the FDA for an EUA;
- In June 2020, the ActivePure Medical Guardian was registered and cleared as an FDA Class II Medical Device after a two-year process; and,
- In December 2020, ActivePure Medical began a two-year clinical trial with the Cleveland Clinic to study the impact of ActivePure Technology on surgical site infections.
- ActivePure works immediately, in real-time, significantly minimizing contamination, recontamination, cross-contamination by destroying viruses and other pathogens in the air and on exposed surfaces
- ActivePure Technology is based on technology originally developed by NASA
- Is recognized by the Space Foundation as Certified Space Technology and inducted into the Space Foundation Hall of Fame in 2017
- Founded in 1924, products with ActivePure Technology are trusted by more than 50 million businesses, hospitals, and residences worldwide
- More than 100 products under ActivePure Technologies, LLC contain ActivePure Technology with most products costing about $1 a square foot
- ActivePure Technologies global headquarters are located in Dallas with manufacturing facilities in Bristol, Va. And Greenville, Tn.
- ActivePure Technology is scientifically proven to work on viruses, bacteria, mold, and more. Reduces almost 100% (99.9%) of surface and airborne pathogens
- As the name suggests, ActivePure Technology is an active-based technology
- The technology produces safe and odorless submicroscopic molecules that fly through the room, aggressively destroying viruses and other pathogens in the air and on surfaces
- Is safe to use in occupied spaces without chemicals or ozone